Tuesday, August 27, 2013

How green are you?

Many people say they are friends of the environment, but really are "green"?
In my case, I will talk about my experience and how I'm friendly with the environment.
About recycling:  not all people understand the importance of recycling our things. Many times, we dump the garbage bin without separating everything. Recycling is the practice of separating the waste we throw away. For example separate the glass, cardboard and papers to which can then be used again.
Environmental practices are important to care for our planet. Not many people are educated about this issue.
But protecting the environment is not just recycling. The use of the bike or other means of transportation that do not pollute are also a good idea to save our environment. In my case, I walk every day and try not to use the car. In Santiago unfortunately many people do not leave the car at home and do not like going for a walk: (
I try to help the environment to recycle (a little) and avoid the use of the car. Also I don't smoke and I don't turn on the fireplace when there is environmental pollution.
The big problem is our society. Currently very few people have habits that help the environment. The government has slowly implemented public policies that help the environment and educate the public to care for the planet.
Our society needs to be aware regarding the care of the environment. It should leave the car at home, take a walk, ride a bike, subway or other means of transport that does not pollute. We also need more people to recycle their waste, to be more environmentally friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment